Our Ultrasonic Cleaning process includes:
- Complete disassembly of instrument
- Removal of all corks, felts, water key pads, rotor bumpers, etc…
- Thorough degreasing of instrument & all parts to allow Ultrasonic cleaner to do it's job (Clean!)
- Instrument is cleaned in Ultrasonic cleaner, using ultra-safe biodegradable cleaning solution
- Air powered nylon brushes are then used to clean & polish the interior of the instrument and slide tubes. Flexible brushes are used to reach curved tubing.
- Silver or gold plated and unlacquered instruments are hand polished
- Valves, rotors, bearings and slide tubes are hand polished with non-abrasive polishing cloth
- Valves and rotors are precisely fit with synthetic valve washers and verified with a video borescope
- Slides, valves, rotors and the instrument itself are pressure tested to identify any possible leaks
- Instrument is reassembled with new synthetic valve washers, synthetic water key pads (natural cork upon request), orange silicone or black rubber rotor bumpers and rubber o-rings on fast moving tuning slides
- Mouthpieces are hand cleaned and polished
- Instrument is final polished and returned to it's freshly vacuumed case
SYNTHETIC VALVE WASHERS
We stock a large variety of custom cut synthetic valve washers, which are standard on any professional brass Ultrasonic Cleaning in our shop. These synthetic washers are precision cut which gives you an exact thickness versus traditional felt washers that vary in thickness. They also do not compress like a traditional felt or cork washer and are unaffected by oils. Another added benefit is the quietness of these washers. We stock the black synthetic washers in multiple diameters and thicknesses and also utilize synthetic "cork" washers for very detailed alignment (down to 1/64"). If you are looking for a precise valve alignment with a superior product, these are for you.
SILICONE & SYNTHETIC ROTOR BUMPERS
We fit small rotor instrument bumper plates with orange silicone rubber bumpers (or black rubber bumpers upon request), check the rotor alignment with a video borescope, and precisely trim bumpers to achieve an accurate alignment. These orange silicone bumpers are different than the translucent white silicone bumpers. They are a bit more firm but still create a quieter and more responsive rotor action than traditional cork or neoprene. We have recently began using a synthetic black bumper cord for larger rotor instruments. It is the perfect bumper for larger rotors because it reduces bounce on the upstroke (which can be a problem with softer bumpers) and it is not as hard and noisy as traditional black rubber on the downstroke.
SYNTHETIC VALVE ALIGNMENT (with Video Borescope)
Valve ports are measured and the valves/rotors are fit with synthetic washers or silicone bumpers for the ultimate alignment, response, and quietness. We then verify the alignment with a video borescope to ensure precise alignment and ultimate responsiveness.